Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services
Administrative Support Assistant
Closing: posting will remain open until filled
Term: Up to 1- year contract (35 hours/week)
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for urban and rural First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people in Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
OAHS provides services, throughout the province, from our head office located in Sault Ste. Marie and satellite offices in other communities. These services include:
- Approximately 2300 subsidized housing units; and
- An assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance and an assisted homeowner repair program.
We are currently seeking Administrative Support Assistants for our Property Management team located in London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Property Manager and working closely with the Property Management team, the successful applicant will be responsible for administrative support and receptionist duties.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Utilizing various communication mediums to communicate with property management staff located onsite, in the field and in other OAHS offices;
- Completing meeting, travel and other event logistics as required;
- Utilizing Microsoft Office products to produce correspondence, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Maintaining electronic and manual filing systems for program and office administration;
- Maintaining program related data bases through input and reporting;
- Maintaining client data;
- Opening, logging and distributing incoming mail;
- Preparing routine responses through hard copy or email processes;
- Handling tenant inquiries and contractor queries;
- Assisting with coordination of building maintenance activities;
- Providing receptionist duties;
- Assisting Property Management Team with other related duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of and an appreciation for Indigenous culture and demonstrated values that focus on assisting people.
- College Diploma or University Degree in related field is preferred;
- Office/administrative experience preferred;
- A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, with a focus on quality and accuracy;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and orally using multiple channels with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel;
Conditions of employment:
- Ability to travel as required (limited requirement);
- Ability to work varying hours/days if required;
- Valid CPIC clearance (Criminal Records check) and/or Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Current, valid Ontario Driver’s License (preferred) and safe driving record.
Please note that you are encourage to apply early as interviews will be scheduled as applications are received. Please apply with you cover letter and current resume, using one of the following two options:
- Email to HRLON@oahssc.ca or
- Mail to: Racheal Spina
Human Resources and Payroll Associate
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services Corporation Attn: Human Resources
500 Bay Street, 2nd Floor, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X5
In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, and are asked to Self Identify on their cover letter.
The continuation of this position is subject to funding renewal.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.