Library Space is Community Place! A Richness of Resources! We connect people with information, services and content in the format of their choice, for a personalized Library experience.
JOIN US AS OUR NEW CASUAL LIBRARY ASSISTANT!
Are you interested in?
- Providing excellent customer service to all patrons as a key customer service point of contact with members of the public interested in accessing London Public Library services;
- Providing assistance with technology;
- Providing information services, reference and referral services, as well as readers’ advisory services;
- Assisting patrons in our lending services.
Do you have?:
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- A passion for the London community;
- Knowledge and experience using technology such as: computer software, scanners, photocopiers, research databases, hand held devices such as iPads, e-readers, smart phones, our digital collection;
- Enthusiasm, creativity, are outgoing, and a continuous learner;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively;
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Two years post-secondary education;
- The ability to work on an on-call, as needed, temporary basis throughout our 16 locations;
- The availability to be able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week, including evenings and Saturdays, as requested.
Candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume outlining experience and qualifications by July 20, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at: http://www.londonpubliclibrary.ca/employment
No phone calls please.
The London Public Library will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes upon request consistent with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA regulations. Applicants for employment, who have been provided with a conditional offer of employment will be asked to provide, at his or her own expense, a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check and/or Police Information Check, as applicable.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.