N’Amerind (London) Friendship Centre
260 Colborne St.
London ON N6B 2S6
Ph (519) 672-0131 Fax (519) 672-0717
Term: Permanent Full Time (37.5 Hrs/Week)
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Section Manager, the successful candidate will be a friendly, energetic and innovative caring person who will assist visitors in a professional manner who come to the N’Amerind Friendship Centre. The receptionist is the face of N’Amerind and is important in the overall functioning of the Centre. The position involves coordinating with a multitude of assorted individuals and personnel. An essential component of the position is effective communication skills and an understanding of the value of confidentiality.
- High school diploma or diploma in office administration or demonstrated work related experience
- Competent computer skills, especially in MS Word and Outlook
- Daily Access to vehicle
- Provide a warm greeting to all people entering the office premises
- Receive, screen all incoming phone calls, forward to appropriate personnel or take a message
- Be aware of staff who are absent and record messages as requested
- Professionally assist each person who approaches reception with a query
- Efficiently maintain time when interacting with visitors and staff
- Sort, copy and distribute mail and maintain a central file registry of all incoming mail
- Receive and record packages, deliveries and forward to appropriate staff
- As required provide clerical and administrative support to management
- Be aware of the dates and times of programs offered
- Act as a communication between the employees and other divisions of the organization
- Be well versed with all kinds of official documentations to prepare letters, memorandums, etc.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness in the reception area while abiding by the policies and regulations of the organization
- Maintain time sheets and sign out logs
- Update and maintain appointment books for the gym, 1st & 2nd common areas and the Dorothy Day Learning Centre ensuring appointments are the right dates and areas are available
- Report any security related matters to the Executive Director and/or Section Manager
- Capacity to work under strict confidentiality
- Assist in the receiving and processing membership applications
- Follow dress code
- Politeness and patience
- Acceptable written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with clerical and administrative protocols
- Excellent interactive and personable skills
- Good typing speed (40-45 wpm)
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Cover letter
- Three Receptionist/Secretary Related references
- Copy of relevant certificate, diploma, degree
- Copy of drivers’ abstract
- Vulnerable Police Check to:
Mail: Hiring Committee
N’Amerind Friendship Centre
260 Colborne Street
Fax: (519) 672 0717
- All applications will be screened based on receiving a complete application package
- All applications will be screened according to the qualifications listed in the posting.
- Only those contacted will be granted an interview.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16 (1) of the Human Rights Act is preferred.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 23, 2017at 4:00 pm.
Late submissions or incomplete will not be accepted.