Toyota Production Worker $21/hr – Entry Level (Cambridge/Woodstock)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) – London, ON
$21.15 an hour – Full-time, Contract
NOW HIRING FOR NEW ROLES AT OUR CAMBRIDGE AND WOODSTOCK LOCATIONS!* *
Start your career with Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) – one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Based in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario, Toyota Motor Manufacturing is one of Canada’s major automotive manufacturers. The company operates three automotive assembly plants in Ontario (two in Cambridge, one in Woodstock). The three plants employ more than 8,000 workers and produce more than 579,000 vehicles each year. This is the place to work if you are interested in entering the world of automotive assembly.
Are you interested in doing something different as a career? We provide great training and mentorship, and many of our new Team Members have joined our team from careers outside of manufacturing such as customer service, call centre, banking, retail, health services and food services.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Initial hiring rate of $21.15/ hour plus shift premiums, paid overtime and semi-annual bonuses
- Successful, top tier, stable company with a state-of- the-art, high tech, production facility
- Award winning plants, including winner of the prestigious global best Platinum Plant Quality Award
- Advancement opportunities
- Learning the world famous Toyota Production System
- Free fitness facility with a health centre, walking trails, basketball court and a baseball diamond
- Competitive benefits package after 12 weeks
- Renewable contracts that lead to permanent roles based on performance and future business needs
WHAT YOU WOULD DO FOR US?
- Our Team Members build the Toyota Corolla and RAV4, and the Lexus RX350 and popular RX450h hybrid. You could be a member of a production team in areas such as Paint, Plastics, Moulding, Stamping, Weld, or Assembly.
- Currently, our team members work two rotating shifts (shifts change every two weeks). The work week includes 40 hours, plus the potential overtime Monday-Thursday (2 hours max) and Saturday morning shift (day shift rotation only). Overtime will be paid for any work over 40 hours.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Do you have a Grade 12 diploma?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you able to perform the physical requirements of the job, which may include bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, standing, walking, repetitive motion and other job specific requirements?
- Are you flexible to be situated at either Cambridge and/or Woodstock locations?
- An interest in manufacturing, assembly or assembler roles, general labour, and factory / entry level roles?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! We are looking for people like you to join our team and build their career with us!
For more information, please visit: http://www.tmmc.ca/en/careers/production-team
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers – TMMC has been named to this national list a total of 11 times over the past 15 years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2015 –one of the country’s top family friendly employers
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2015 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- The Financial Post’s Ten Best Companies to Work For 2015 – recognizes fast-growing companies in Canada that offer tremendous career advancement opportunities together with leading-edge employee perks and benefits
- 14 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $21.15 /hour